Wednesday, August 20, 2008

A New Toy for Linda

For a couple of months I have become increasingly interested in weaving - it seems like a natural extension of my knitting (plus it's a lot faster).  Two weeks ago I took at weaving class at the Yarn Barn in Lawrence to see if it was something I would actually enjoy before investing a lot of money (and space).  Well, I loved the class and ordered my very own weaving loom! The loom I bought is a smaller loom that doesn't take up much space (in the photos it is in "weaving mode", but it folds to about 1/3 that width), and it's pretty enough to sit out "in the open".  Scott took some pictures of me getting it set up:
Here you can see that I was successful at the setup and got all of the pieces working properly.  I was planning on talking to Lincoln about "mommy's loom" and how he should be very careful with it, but this morning he said that he was afraid that the loom would "eat" him, so I don't think I have to worry about him playing with it.  (Being "eaten" is a big fear for Lincoln right now.  He has also expressed a fear that bugs would eat him, too).

No comments: