Sunday, April 26, 2009

A Wedding and a Reunion

We had a very exciting weekend this week, and it all started with my friend Jayne getting married on Friday evening. 

Scott and I used this as an excuse to have a date night - we left the boys with Joni and managed to get ourselves presentable for the evening.  The wedding was beautiful- Jayne got married at the Loretto, which is the same place that my sister Mary was married.



















Jayne's wedding meant that all of my old college friends came into town, so the weekend also served as a reunion. We had people over to our house on Saturday to grill burgers and catch up.  I got to meet my friend's new baby girl (and talk to her about what it's like to shop in the girl's section of the baby store...).... 
Lincoln had fun playing with all of "older" kids.   We had three 2-year-old boys playing at the house, and I learned that "wild and crazy party" takes on a whole new meaning when you're dealing with preschoolers.










As for Guy, he had fun meeting all my friends.  He especially liked being spoiled by Christy during the party.  

We were sad to see everyone leave Saturday afternoon, but we're hopeful that we'll find an excuse to get together next summer again.

1 comment:

Grandma Pat said...

Two cute babies and two "cute, dressed-up "adults.