Sunday, May 03, 2009

On the Run - Part 2

As Linda mentioned in the previous post, it's running season for our family.  Round two of our annual races is the Lincoln Marathon.  This is my 4th year running the 1/2 marathon, and this year Tracy and our cousin Aaron joined me.  It was a perfect day, and we had the whole family there to cheer us on (excluding Guy who stayed with Linda's parents).

Despite the perfect conditions and a lot of training, I ran 1 minute slower than last year.  I was still happy with my time, and I felt good the whole run (and the next day).

This is me rounding the final turn and waving to my adoring fans. It feels great to see the finish line.



Here are Tracy, Aaron, Lincoln, and I post race. As you can see, Tracy and Lincoln were the only ones not cool enough to wear the free Lincoln Marathon visors. You'll also notice that Lincoln is eating my Power Bar. We're not sure it's good for two-year-olds to eat Power Bars, but he needed the energy.

1 comment:

Grandma Pat said...

Congratulations on a great run!!