Thursday, July 02, 2009

The Big Boy Class

With Lincoln's birthday comes another big milestone - moving to the 3- and 4- year-old (aka "big boy") classroom at daycare. We've been talking about the big move for a couple of months, ever since the first of his friends left his 2-year-old room. He was very excited the move, but I have to admit that I get a little choked up thinking about my little baby is all "grown up". Scott snapped a picture of him on the first day:


Being in the older classroom also means that he gets to start going on field trips, and Lincoln got to go on one (to Wonderscope, a children't museum) the very first day in the new class. On field trip days all of the kids are required to wear their school t-shirt so that the teachers can easily find them. Scott and I quickly discovered that the youth extra-small (the smallest size available) was going to be too big for Lincoln, so I did a little t-shirt surgery so that he wouldn't be tripping over it. I am competent at using a sewing maching, but I am definitely *not* a professional - so while the t-shirt is passable, it is not going to win any style rewards. I will admit, though, that Lincoln thinks the zig-zag stitching is really cool.

No comments: