Thursday, February 18, 2010

Race Season

It's rumored that spring is coming sometime to Kansas City, and with it comes racing season for our family. I'm starting the season off with a double first: I'll be running my first 10K at the first annual Rock the Parkway run at the end of March. I've been training for the past couple of weeks, and even ran five miles for the first time last Sunday. If all goes well, I'd like to run my first 1/2 marathon later in the summer at the Hospital Hill run.

The big event that our whole family looks forward to, though, is the annual Trolley Run. Scott and I have both done this 4-mile run for a couple of years, and two years ago Lincoln started doing the kid's Trolley Run (in which the littlest kids run about 50 feet in the grass). Last year Guy wasn't walking and didn't participate, but this year the whole family is registered. To ensure that we all post good times, we've been training hard on the treadmill. Guy's pace isn't quite up to par yet, but as you can see in this video Lincoln is helping to coach him along.


No comments: