Sunday, October 24, 2010

Fall Fun

Fall is my favorite time of year, and after the beautiful day we had yesterday I think it may be the boys' favorite season, too. I made some pumpkin bread at lunchtime, and after Lincoln and Guy woke up from naps we each had a slice and headed outside to make a nice big pile of leaves in the yard. They both had lots of fun diving and burying themselves in the leaves, and Scott and I even took a turn.


After we came inside it was time for another fall tradition - carving the pumpkin! Lincoln picked out a moon and stars theme, and Scott set to work on the pumpkin Lincoln picked out a couple of weeks ago with Grandma and Grandpa King. The boys were interested in the carving for about five minutes, and then wandered off while Scott finished the pumpkin. I think it turned out pretty nice!

This week has much more Halloween fun in store - a "pumpkin hunt" at Lincoln's school, and costume parties at both boys' daycare. I'll be spending the week "taste-testing" the Halloween candy, and hopefully there will be enough left for the trick-or-treaters next Sunday!




No comments: