Sunday, May 15, 2011

Running, Digging, and a Parade

It's been another busy few weeks for us. Scott ran the Lincoln Half-Marathon two weeks ago, setting a PR, and we both ran the Corporate Challenge 5K last weekend. This time, we both set PRs (although it's been a couple of years since I've run a 5K). Both Guy and Lincoln were on hand to cheer us on at the 5K - men and women run separately so we didn't have to leave them unattended.


After the 5K, we took a quick break and then headed to the Spirit of Mission Days parade. Lincoln's favorite part was the real, working tank at the end of the parade. It was actually pretty awesome - it took up almost the entire two lanes of Johnson Drive.


Of course, last Sunday was also Mother's Day. Scott cooked me breakfast, and the boys gave me an awesome card and some chocolate. We got a lot of outdoor work done, too. I planted beans, peas, carrots, and potatoes in my garden, and Lincoln and Guy helped me pick out some flowers to plant in our planters. Our house is ready for spring!

No comments: