Sunday, June 05, 2011

Hospital Hill

Last weekend was my second running of the Hospital Hill half-marathon. As the name implies, it is hilly - and on race day it was also very hot. I managed to finish, though, and get a very nice medal.


I tried to train "smarter" this year by running lots of hills during my training, but it was still a very tough day. I started out faster than I should have, and the heat didn't help. Luckily there were sprinklers along the route to cool us off, and a few spectators even offered us ice!
I

The best part of the race, though, was seeing Guy, Lincoln, and Scott along the route cheering me on. They stopped at two places(and the finish) and gave me high-fives as I went by. It was awesome having them there and helped keep me going. Now to start training for Hospital Hill 2012!

1 comment:

Grandma Pat said...

Congratulations on a very good run,