Thursday, August 03, 2006

Lincoln takes a bath

For the past month, we've just been giving Lincoln sponge baths since it was so easy. Today, I decided to break out the baby bath tub (our first-ever baby gift, courtesy of Joni) and give Lincoln his first real bath. Lincoln was...indifferent. I didn't know beforehand if he would laugh or scream when I put him in the water, but he had no reaction at all. If ithe bath had taken any longer he might have fallen asleep. I hope this means that he'll be a good swimmer when he gets older! You can see the tub here.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's exciting! Did you manage to get any pictures? Glad it worked well for you. I think that having that little hammock insert thing is really useful. Your brave to do that by your self! Go Linda!!!


Joni

Linda said...

The hammock holds the baby above the water and makes it more of a sponge bath. I used the top part of the hammock as a pillow as he sat in the bath.

Anonymous said...

Good thing he took a bath, since he has company coming to town!