Tuesday, June 05, 2007

A Non-Lincoln Post


Aww, look how sad Lincoln is that this post isn't about him! Don't worry, we're going to have some video of him up very soon!














This post is actually about me! I would like to invite any (and all!) of our readers to join me in doing the Couch to 5k program from Coolrunning.com. It's a program to help you start running 5k (or 3 miles) at a time. I've already got a head start - I'm in week 4. I've been waking up at (gulp!) 5:30 every morning to get my runs in. All of Scott's running events have gotten me excited about trying a 5k sometime this summer, and I would love to have some company!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

No sad baby pictures please,

We are grandparents we live in our own little baby bubble( only, smart, happy and talented in our bubble)

Anonymous said...

I have decided to join Linda in her couch to 5k adventure. It was a wonderful 5:45am start this morning and I am glad to say that I made it! I think I did pretty good since I "just got off the couch", and Linda is a good coach!

Anonymous said...

I'll be happy to join you in the program as soon as I have a jogging stroller. I can't very well leave the 11 month old home alone now, can I?

As an aside, our last neighborhood was very hilly; I taught myself to run by walking the uphills and running the downhills. I slowly started to conquer running up the hills one hill at a time starting with the shorter, samller grade climbs. This worked very well. I was training for a 10k when I got pregnant. My last long run before we found out was 5 miles. So, for all you new runners - stick with it! It really does work!