Friday, January 16, 2009

A Model Baby - and a contest!

Yesterday Guy and I braved the cold to get Guy's first official portraits taken.  Our friend Stacey Schmitz is an awesome photographer, and believe it or not Guy was actually awake for the entire session -  I can't wait to see how they turn out!  The event was preceded by a bit of stress, however, when I realized my "little" guy was growing fast and the newborn outfit I had picked out didn't really fit anymore - we made a quick change and he was presentable in some 0-3 month digs

Now for the contest!  The prize, as usual, is that everyone gets treated to even more cute photos of Guy.  Scott and I are fortunate to have excellent health insurance, and as a result our out-of-pocket cost for Guy's birth was very small.  We're now getting our "explanation of benefits" statements from our insurance company that show the actual charges for Guy's arrival.  Can anyone guess how much it costs to have a hospital birth?  Keep in mind that we stayed two nights in the hospital (in which I ate 2! chicken-fried-steak dinners) and had no anesthesiologist  charges.  The answer will be next time!

For now, here's a photo of the brothers hanging out together.

3 comments:

Grandma Pat said...

My guess is $6000.(although my first guess which was deleted was 4500.) The boys look really cute!

Anonymous said...

My guess is $30,000,as in $30k.
Grandpa Hauner

Anonymous said...

Well, my guess would be quite low, but given that you had *2* chicken fried steak dinners, I will have to increase it. My guess is: $15,500. What will I win?