Sunday, April 25, 2010

The BIG DAY

After weeks of training, the Big Day finally arrived today - the Trolley Run. It's a family tradition for us - Scott and I have both run the 4-mile race for several years, and Lincoln has participated in the Kid's Trolley Run for the past two years. Guy got to enjoy his inaugural "run" this year - although I'm not sure he understood why I was dragging him across a small patch of grass. Scott and I both were both happy with our times (a PR for me and Scott was only 15 seconds off his Trolley Run PR), but the biggest "event" was watching Lincoln run all by himself - with no hand-holding by me (sniff, sniff).


As usual, this was a big family event. Scott's parents watched the boys and Madeline during the regular run and joined us for the Kid's run. Joni and Tracy both ran, and while Madeline was too small to run this year, I'm sure she'll be running circles around the boys next year! Everett also did the Kid's run, and did a fabulous job.


Overall it was a great (and tiring) weekend - we all took a two-hour nap today!

No comments: