Monday, April 05, 2010

Running Around

There's been a lot going on with us the past two weeks - so much that we've not even had time to blog about it.

Two weeks ago I ran my first 10k at the very first Rock the Parkway. The morning started out cold and wet (41 degrees and drizzly) and it started pouring rain around the time I got to mile 2. I still managed to finish the race in about an hour and 4 minutes, and I was rewarded at the end by my own personal cheering section - Scott brought the boys out to watch my big finish. Lincoln and Guy stayed stayed warm and dry in our running/bike stroller.



Last weekend for Easter we ran down to Lincoln to visit grandma and grandpa Hauner. Both of the boys' daycare were closed on Friday, so we had a long weekend. Lincoln had fun hanging out with Everett and they decorated eggs on Saturday. That night, he told me that he wanted the Easter bunny to turn the "real" hard-boiled eggs into eggs filled with candy. That would explain why, on Sunday morning, he refused to collect the real eggs in his basket.

Easter was not quite so fun for Guy - or for Scott, who was up all night with him. He came down with a case of bronchialitis and spent Saturday night wheezing (when he wasn't crying). Luckily he seems to have recovered and spent today after daycare running around the house.



No comments: