Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A short break...

Whew!! I have a few minutes free to do a quick posting. Lincoln's been in a feeding frenzy this morning - almost a feeding every hour. He may get chubby yet! Feeding times are an excellent excuse to just sit back and relax...

As Scott said, the birth went almost exactly as I had envisioned it. Scott was a wonderful support person and got me through all 18 hours of labor with hardly a thought of pain meds (although he probably could have used some caffeine to stay awake all night). I think I was in shock when he finally arrived, and I couldn't believe he was actually mine - who could have thought that we could produce something so wonderful!

I'll have the full birth story shortly. Our family has just arrived for our July 4th celebration so I'll sign off for now. More photos are coming... and if anyone reading this is pregnant, I (like Scott) highly reccommend Bradley method classes - there were no surprises during the delivery, and even though it was a lot of work to go natural, I couldn't imagine it any other way.

No comments: