Friday, December 22, 2006

Fabulous Surprises!



Just in time for Christmas, my Secret Pal sent me another fabulous package! Where to begin...instead of one pattern, I recieved two patterns - a fair isle (mult-colored) sock pattern and a felted entrelac tote pattern. There was also yarn to complete the socks - two skeins of brown and two multi-colored. I'll use both skeins of brown and one of the multi for the fair isle socks - which one would you pick? The "tropical" colors would make some cool retro socks, and the "bright" skein would be a bit more traditional. I also got a tool bag and a set of needle sizers (so I don't forget what size needle I'm using if I put a project aside for a while). There was also a set of "kitchener stitch" stitch markers. Kitchener stitch is used in socks (and sometimes sweater shoulders) in lieu of a seam. It's a bit fussy to do, and these markers provide a quick reminder of what to do....Awesome.

There was also non-knitting spoiling going on...a set of gingerbread cookie cutters, a "hand spa set", and some recipes for teething biscuits for Lincoln (and a treat for me!). Am I spoiled or what??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so excited that you like it! I had so much fun picking out these things for you! I look forward to watching for knitting updates on those socks.... If you want my opinion, I think the tropical would be good for your socks...and you could use the "bright" skein to make some mini-socks for Lincoln next month----oh, I've said too much!

*grin*
Your Secret Pal.
P.S. A Very Merry Holiday season to you and yours. May the peace you deserve find you all---and may Santa overflow your stockings with goodies!