Monday, December 11, 2006

Frankenhorace

I love knitting things for Lincoln, but I've started to realize that I am not very skilled at toy knitting. Case in point - I have finished "Horace", the lovely pattern given to me by my secret pal. My "Horace" looks decidedly mouse-like, however, and has a stuffing malfunction. Lincoln doesn't seem to mind Horace's weaknesses, however...

On the other hand, I can at least do a decent Christmas stocking (here modelled by Dr. Zaius). This is a Knitpicks pattern, but I subbed the yarn, using Cascade 220 for the body and a combo of Cascade 220 and Caron Bliss for the cuff. I can't wait to fill it for candy for mysel...um, I mean Lincoln.

Sorry for not posting for a while...I was a bit under the weather last week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They "all" look very cute and I'm sure the knitted items will be treasured keepsakes.

Anonymous said...

Wow! You're fast! I *still* haven't managed to complete "Horace"! From what I can see, Lincoln is certainly happy. *grin* That makes this even *more* fun! I'm hoping to ship December's package no later than Saturday (which is still later than I'd hoped!). Happy Holidays from your Secret Pal!

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you were ill, hope you are better

Anonymous said...

Ah yes, the Cascade 220. One of my favs!