Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Mother's Day Memoir

I celebrated my very first mother's day last weekend. Lincoln made me pancakes for breakfast (Scott had to help quite a bit), and we grilled pork chops for dinner. Overall a pretty relaxing day for me - although Scott was pretty busy. He managed to mow the lawn *and* play in an ultimate tourniment that day while Lincoln and I hung out at the house. Lincoln and I have been bonding a lot the last few days, since Miss Lucy took a vacation day yesterday.

Lincoln's new obsession is putting things inside other things - right now he's taking everything out of the diaper bag and occassionally putting things back in (as you can see in the photos). He loves putting his smaller toys inside boxes and then taking them out again. I've recruited cat food dishes (clean ones!), coffee containers, rubbermaid boxes, and tupperware containers to help him out.



2 comments:

Scott said...

Lincoln is becoming quite the organizer. Hopefully it continues when he has his own room to clean.

Linda was very nice and gave me a few hours of her first Mother's Day to play ultimate. I know I'm a lucky guy.

Anonymous said...

Happy first official Mother's Day, Linda!