Monday, March 19, 2007

Some Family Updates

I've done an awful lot of "Lincoln" posts lately, so I thought it was time for a "Linda" update (poor Scott will have to wait for his update). First, though, I want to mention that to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, Lincoln wore his John Deere shorts outfit (courtesy of great-aunt Susan). For anyone familiar with farm machinery, you can guess the color of the outfit. No pinches for my boy!

As for me, I submitted a rough draft of my dissertation to my supervisor about two weeks ago. It clocks in at about 115 pages - much shorter than Eric's (my old officemate) dissertation - his was well over 500 pages!! I'm currently waiting for my supervisor to read it and give me feedback. There's a slim chance that I could graduate this semester, although that's looking less and less likely. I'll probably end up defending at the end of this semester and graduating at the end of the summer or fall semester. Meanwhile, I have a huge job of editing and proofreading to do. Scott has graciously agreed to help me proofread, and we've already had exciting debates about whether page numbers go before or after punctuation marks in quotes.

1 comment:

Natalia said...

Linda,

Congratulations! I'll keep all my fingers and toes crossed for you. I hope you can graduate very soon!