Monday, March 12, 2007

A Visit from the Hauners - and babyproofing.

We had a very exciting weekend this past weekend - Grandma and Grandpa Hauner came to visit! Lincoln was very excited to see them, and recieved lots of extra-special attention all weekend. The (older) boys went to the car show, and Lincoln and I went with my mom and sister to the Plaze to enjoy the weather and do a little shopping. I got to see the cute bed linens Mary picked out for her baby's room, and I bought a couple of "bath buddies" for Lincoln. Unfortunately, we were having so much fun visiting with my parents, I didn't take any pictures :(. Lincoln impressed his grandparents by sitting in the "big boy" chair at restaurants (also known as the hgh chair) and using the "big boy" stroller (ie not using the baby carrier).

In other news, now that Lincoln is mobile the term "baby proofing" takes on a whole new meaning. As I've been typing this, I've had to stop several times to: 1) Move the power cord so Lincoln won't grab it, 2) Move Lincoln out from under the rocking chair, 3) Rescue Cheetara from Lincoln's "petting", and 4) Set up a "tunnel" for Lincoln to crawl through. And I thought babyproofing just meant covering up outlets and setting up a baby gate!

No comments: