Tuesday, April 17, 2007

No Sick Days for Mommies

On Sunday night I woke up at 2am feeling achy and awful - and Scott used our new thermometer to confirm that I had a 102 degree fever. A year ago I would have spent the next day curled up in bed watching bad tv and resting. I've discovered, though, that there's no such thing as a "sick day" for mommies. Since Lincoln can't take care of himself, I took a couple of Advil and spent the day chasing Lincoln around the house. I did get a nap during Lincoln's afternoon nap, and Scott was my hero at lunch when he brought me a big jug of gatorade.

Luckily I feel a bit better today - and Lincoln's at Miss Lucy's so I can hopefully get some work done on my dissertation from home. I want to feel better so that tomorrow Lincoln and I can get outside to enjoy the beautiful weather we're having.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Linda, I'm so sorry to hear that you are/were sick. Hopefully yours is the 24-hr deal like mine and you will all be well soon!

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better. Scott and Lincoln will take care of you when they get home tonight.

Scott said...

Now I've been up in the middle of the night comforting each of my sick "babies".

Anonymous said...

Hope you are feeling better by now so you can go outside and "all" of you can get some sleep.